Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 21569 frams

  1. #1
    Inactive Member scharron's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2008
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys,
    I have a pair of 21569 frams in original boxes that I got with some sound gear. does anyone know what or if these fit 800 series drivers? I don't really want to take a driver out of a cab to just check if one of you all know what they might fit, I haven't been able to locate reliable info on them. thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Scott,

    The '75 list says they're 16 ohm Symbioteks originally for 808-16As. You can verify that if they have reddish-orange Kapton surrounds instead of all-aluminum tangentials, and a DCR of around 11 ohms.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scharron's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2008
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks BFish for the information. thats exactly what they are. another couple of questions if I may, will these work in any 800 series driver, and if so will they be hi-fi ie will they go up to reasonably high frequencies or should I get rid of them and get some from GP when I have to repair something? I have 802s and 806's in daily use so I like to have back up in case of meltdown on a movie night!
    thanks again for all your help,
    scott in nc

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're welcome, Scott. Yes, they'll work in any 800 series, as well as 902, 908, and 909s. Give them a listen sometime, they (reportedly) don't go quite as high as aluminums, but they're also far less likely to leave you high and dry on movie night.

    Just keep in mind they're 16 ohm. If you're set up to run 8s, they're not the answer unless you're using active XO and can swap output taps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.